Wednesday 7 March 2007

The Earth Moved for Me Yesterday - Literally

What a strange feeling it was - yesterday at 1149am I was sat in the office, talking to a pensioner on the phone and felt the strangest dizzy feeling every! I was convinced I was going to faint! Just put it down to feeling very tired as I had taken Nicky and Harris to the airport at 4am!

Anyhow, I put a pencil down on my desk and it was rocking backwards and forwards, so that confirmed it wasn't me - it was an EARTH TREMOR!

About 2/3 mins later my boss asked me if I had felt it, which I said 'yes' he was gutted he didn't feel a thing! It was confirmed that there was a 6.6 earthquake in Central Sumatra about 420kms away from Singapore. Buildings were evacuated here, people in high rise office buildings were sick through motion sickness, it was the talk of the City for hours!

There was an aftershock about 2 hours later, that time I felt it very slightly! I wonder if there will be anymore today ..... my thoughts go out to those who were at the epicentre and lost their homes/loved ones!!!

No comments: